- Core Origin: Harvested from one of the West Lake Longjing Tea Reserve – Dongmuwu village, an ancient village with more than a thousand years of history
- Early Spring Harvest: Each single tea leaf is hand-picked around Qingming to ensure the tenderness and aroma of the authentic West Lake Longjing tea
- Multi-level taste: Made from the Longjing Old Tree cultivar, this early spring Longjing tea has a multi-level taste that will refresh your perception of green tea
- Hand-Made Tea: The Longjing tea is fully hand-made by Longjing tea craftsmen with more than 30 years of tea making experience
What is West Lake Longjing tea?
West Lake Longjing tea, a green tea that is produced in the mountains around Longjing Village, West Lake, Hangzhou, China. It has a history of more than 1200 years. It was served to the imperial family as imperial tea since the Qing Dynasty.
Premium West Lake Longjing tea is flat, smooth, and straight, with a tender green color, fresh and sweet taste. Longjing tea harvested before the Qingming Festival is referred to as Pre-Qingming Longjing or Pre-Qingming Dragonwell, and the one harvested before the rainy season GuYu is called Pre-Yu Longjing or Pre-Yu Dragonwell.
West Lake Longjing tea is produced in the mountains around West Lake. The climate here is mild, with abundant rainfall and diffuse light. The soil is slightly acidic, deep, and well-drained. The forest is lush and the streams are always flowing. The annual average temperature is 16℃ and the annual precipitation is around 1500mm. The superior natural conditions have made West Lake Longjing the top green tea in China
- Brewing temperature: 85-95°C
- Brewing duration: 180+ seconds